Home decor is a fun job that every homemaker wants to undertake. Looking for ideas, collating them and tallying them with the existing home decor takes up time and thought but it’s worth it if the entire picture turns out to be picture perfect!
A common mistake that every homemaker makes is to avoid considering the existing set-up of the living room and arranging the furniture the way one wants rather than looking for what fits best.
While shopping for living room furniture sets, it is important to bear in mind that this is a place where guests are entertained as well as the area where the entire family rests and cherishes a good time together. So, selecting living room furniture that can help in creating a comfortable and stylish space should be targeted to make the task less daunting or inexpensive.
Before going around and searching for best furniture items with Living Room Furniture Store, it is important to steal in some simple style tweaks which can help in maximizing the space and light to make a lot of difference in the way others look at your living room.
To get the first time right setting and furniture choices, here are listed some common styling mistakes made by homeowners in setting up their living rooms that should be avoided at all costs:
- Placement of Furniture: Avoid pushing Living room chairs against the walls of a room that make it looks smaller. Always allow some breathing space by maintaining some distance between the walls and the furniture.
- Heavy curtains: Avoid putting too much focus/attention on the curtains hanging in your living room. Consider hanging some roller blinds or a neutral fabric in place of heavy drapes to create a block-out effect subtly.
- Too much clutter: If your living room has enough space, you can buy Living room occasional tables but make sure that it should look tidy and leaves space for free movement.
- Placement of TV: Always keep the TV set mounted on the wall to give the room a streamlined look.
- Use rugs: They make a room looks cozier, warm and complete. Also, they help in adding a bit of color and pattern on the floor.
- Say ‘yes’ to colors: Living rooms mostly lack colour, since homemakers find it hard to connect the furniture with rugs, artwork, and cushions. Always use bright pieces since they help in adding life to the room!
- No to over sized furniture: Always take measurements of your room before you move out to buy furniture items for your living area. Select sofas and chairs that have slim line arms, if you have a smaller space.
- Excessive matching: Setting color coordination is advisable but matching everything that exists and breathes in a room fails to make an impression. Always single out a furniture item from the rest of the items by adding a few splashes of color or to give a color break to the guests.
Tips for choosing living room furniture
Living room, also known as a sitting room or lounge room is an area in your home where you can use many creative ideas to reflect your lifestyle. The living room is commonly used for entertaining guests, family entertainment, and other such activities.
- Living room should be well designed giving a feeling of spaciousness in your home with a minimalist look. You must consider not creating clutter in your living area.
- Some of the most used living room furniture pieces are sofas and tables, tub chairs & storage stools, coffee tables, shoe cupboards, etc.
- Most of the people add accessories in their living room to compliment the furniture such as mirror, lighting, TV cabinets, TV units, etc.
- While looking for sofas and seating, you should consider style and comfort of the furniture. It is good to pick a fabric that chair or couch is capable of enduring wear and tear due to regular usage. If you are choosing for fabric upholstery, it is recommended to invest in a protective coating to it. You should also look for solid wood frames and other such durable options for sustainable sofa and chairs.
- You should make a list of things for which you are going to use your living room such as entertainment, reading, etc. It will help you to make better choices.
- To enhance the look of your room, you can create a focal point in your room through fireplace, windows, paintings, etc.
Once you have planned how you are going to design your dining and living room area, you can look for furniture pieces from your local furniture stores as well as online stores. It is recommended to look for furniture from reputed brands to buy the quality products.